Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Card & Haul

I'm finishing the second created card of the year.  It's for my brother, and boy did all sorts of inspiration take hold on this one.  It's not just a card, but also a little note pad should he ever choose to use it as such. 

Face 


Inside with working notepad and assorted vintage tickets









Envelope 


 I went shopping yesterday making the usual circuit.  I found all sorts of good stuff!  The associate store had recently restocked their hobby aisle, and most of the stuff I picked out ranged between 25 cents up to $1.00.  Nothing more than that for a very generous bag to bring home.  The best find was a spool of Tinkerbell ribbon, which was more of a strand of tiny green rhinestones mounted on a gossamer ribbon not much wider than the rhinestones.  It took my breath away.  HL had a few steals, the best of which included a Madonna Christmas stamp I've had my eyes on for awhile (reduced from $11 down to $3.50) and a chain of square metal jewelry charms, also deeply discounted.  I found a large, delicate flourish stamp set at TM that will be used at every opportunity.

July 23rd Haul











The prize of the week:   I found a box of deeply etched resin roses that I couldn't figure what possible function these could serve until pulling one out of the packaging.  They were bulletin board tacks.  The packaging leads me to believe these were meant to be sold as individual pieces, maybe a dollar each?  The outside box original price listed at $11.00.  TM reduced them to $3.00.  Because three were missing, the manager reduced it all to $2.40.  This was theft, I say!  My plans for the tacks are to cut down the tack portion and use the top as a closure button for a mini-album.  Or even, how about... using some as very pretty bulletin board tacks until using or selling them for scrapbooking purposes.

Resin Tacks

No comments:

Post a Comment