Sunday, July 28, 2013

Not Scrappy Happy

Two weeks ago I busted my right tibia (shin) while in Atlanta.  This thing blew up so badly, the goose egg wrapped around the entire calf.  After about 4 days, there was a bruise that developed from the immediate injury site extending down to the ankles.  

When things failed to improve - actually getting worse - I had some x-rays taken.  Never, not once, did I claim the bone was broken in two; rather I believed the tibia was cracked. The radiologist report stated, "No acute fractures or bone displacement."  That written in a large and bold font.  That's as far as any doctor will review.  There was some other notes taken from the x-ray, but at a normal font... who cares?

I contend the tibia is still cracked.  Walking with a normal gait is impossible.  The injury site, which can be marked with a definitive X, when touched sets another series of fresh bruises down my leg.  I found the bottom of my foot black and blue among with goose eggs (large hematomas) all over the back of the calf.  Not broken, my butt!  (Okay, not my butt.)

The good new is this doesn't need casting, because "the tibia didn't break cleanly in two."  The bad news is that there's nothing to stabilize the small fracture, and based upon close observations, this is stressing the fracture, maybe making it worse with each passing day.  I simply don't get how a bruise on the shin bone keeps getting worse instead of showing some hint of improvement.  Last I knew bruises don't cause tingling, numbness and full out spasms. Call me silly.

So the standing joke (ha ha!) around the house is that I'm faking it.  Well, if some idiot doctor won't bother actually examining the film, then faking become the more obvious conclusion.  I hope the medical staff feel really, really bad when the time comes to admit me for several DVTs.  So help me, I'll sue if they originate in the right lower leg.

I'm fairly bound to sitting/lounging all day,  That would be extra nice because I could do a whole lot of scrappin'.  Not when my leg has to remain fully extended, putting me way out of reaching league.  So 0% scrapping until the "bruise" heals. 

Bummers & Boogers

No comments:

Post a Comment