Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Old, The New and Other Cool Stuff

It's embarrassing to admit last year's December Daily album remains unfinished.  Journaling is not my strong suit and this is the only element remaining to complete.  I've firmly committed to completing one page each day until finished.  Four remain.  Baby steps.

Another project completed (tonight, yee-haw) is indexing all the stamps.  Most would still consider me a rookie, but stamping over 200 stamps by category is not child's play.  Now when out shopping, I'll think twice about buying 15 sets at a time.  I will not get behind again.  Once they come into the house they won't be put away until they've been stamped into their corresponding page.

I bought the 4x6 Fiskars Easy Stamp Press before beginning the task. 
 I can no longer imagine stamping without this tool.  From the beginning stamping has always been hit-or-miss, mostly miss, and as such created dread when a project included stamping  This allowed me to become a pro overnight.  Stamps have no choice but to comply with equally applied pressure.  For the first time I can stamp a clean, crisp image every time.  This rates as high as review scales go.  A definite must for both beginning scrappers and pros alike.

This vacation's mini remains in the conception phase.  I've selected all the photos, which go out to print tomorrow and I've committed to the size (8x8) and using the Fair Skies collection.  Now to get motivated.


No comments:

Post a Comment