Monday, January 9, 2012

Scrapbooks as Historical Tools

New and nifty idea I've just put into practice to satisfy the historian in me.

With the creation of each new scrapbook page I've created a document that slides into the album, behind the page.  The document includes such information as:  creation date, author, title, names of subjects, picture location/creation, and a list of specific materials used in the creation (paper pad name and company, stamps, dies/cartridges used, etc)  I realize good journaling would include much of the first items previously listed, but the inclusion of  the material source list isn't suitable for the story format.  Twenty or thirty years from now, should the decorative tags or labels from the project somehow manage to get lost, there's a backup source for information.  Additionally, if I decide later to submit a page for contest consideration, a comprehensive supply list is already in place.

I keep a piece of paper next to my supplies throughout the creation process and jot down supplies and other information as they are used.  An improvement on this would be to print blank forms in advance for standardization.

No comments:

Post a Comment