Thursday, August 9, 2012

Scrap-lifted

This layout is one I virtually lifted from the page of another artist, NMscrapper.  The paper was on hand (or maybe I ordered the paper after seeing the original layout) and a store accidentally sent me the chipboard pieces - really! - and I immediately knew which photo belonged on my version.

Adaptation of original layout featuring my mother, 1953
















Scraplifted from NMscrappy, posted on Scrapbook.com






















I'll readily admit the original looks far better than mine.  (Better photography, to begin with!)  But the similarities are striking.

I was particularly proud of the pleated flowers I made from scratch... my first.  I recently bought a Cricut cartridge, Flower Shoppe, that handily allows me to create the yellow roses found on NMScrappy's page.  I'm still working with the cartridge, but this demonstrates the progression of skill acquisition over time.  Today, I would have copied the yellow roses and applied them to the LO.

I created this layout when cutting very pretty paper still seemed rather sinful.  I learned after this paper could and should be cut, which cracked the barrier that kept me from opening the virgin G45 stacks.  Although I loved the paper line, Printery, I didn't realize it came from Prima Marketing.  Had I, I probably never would have used it.  It's just good that it did.... plus, I still have more of the paper to hoarde.

No comments:

Post a Comment