Thursday, May 3, 2012

Discovered UTEE

Something about funds, or lack thereof, altered my plans to attend the SSD warehouse sale.  It wasn't meant to be.  I did, however, stop by the tiny TM in Rogers and found the Crop-a-Dile Main Squeeze for pennies on the dollar.  Upon further inspection, I'm not sure the investment was a good one.  The concept is great, and if embellishments outside what the company offers work, the story changes.  Otherwise, this will be a very expensive press... for garlic maybe???  What's really needed is the Crop-a-Dile II.

I've owned Glossy Accents for a number of months now, but let it set because it seemed too expensive to use, and embossing powders gave a bit of shine where needed.  In the making of the mini-album, I hauled the bottle out... and WOW!  How did I do this without the glossy bling?  What I didn't realize after this discovery, until seeing it on YouTube, was that the surface had only been scratched, so to speak.  The next step up is the Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE). Playing with it when it comes into the house will probably set the album back a few days, but this is a tool to master.  I'm wondering if this could change the way I look at charms; they are much too expensive for general use right now, and want to change this.

_______________________________

Speaking of the mini-album (what else these days?) I decided to make the ABC Primer documenting my husband's childhood days photographs before starting the one intended for me.  I found a video with step-by-step instructions on YouTube (where else?) that's perfect for my current skill level.
 
 
   This is a great introduction since the lines run very straight, without all the flourishes and complicated cuts planned for the other book.  I'm learning exponentially at present, and it's all to the good!  I'm lifting the book straight from her design, but can't help but think that anyone who makes 18 videos outlining every step and cut minds being copied.  (Trying to sell the album as my own design would be less than ethical, but that's not a problem.)

________________________________

I absolutely adore the two stencil sets bought from Kiwi Lane Designs.  Since discovering the site, they've had only one sale, just before Christmas, nothing since.  This Saturday they're having another.  There would be nothing more pleasing than having everything they make, but that's unreasonable.  I will settle by buying only one more set to add to the collection this go round... darn.

__________________________________

I'm having a blast decorating containers and house decorations.  One of the latest creations, for the coloured pencils collected over the past 20 years or so:


Quickie Photo








 

No comments:

Post a Comment