Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Present

My husband found a steal for a complete professional desk set.  Mother's Day, I'll be sitting in a room with coordinating furniture with tons of table top space.  And reorganizing yet again.


Tonight and tomorrow night we'll be breaking down the craft room down to walls and carpeting.  I wish we could paint the room before the furniture gets set up Saturday morning; however, there's a limit to available energy on such short notice.  There won't be a pen or pair of scissors in proper place during the transition, and probably for a week after that.  This is the mother of all reorganization efforts.


The new work surfaces is muchly appreciated, but the bookcase is the crowning touch.  Finally!  A place to store all the completed LO books (how quickly they all add up!) and yet another shelf or two to store essential supplies without going into the closet multiple times each day.


I'm a little excited about all of this!

_______________________________________

The Kiwi Lane Designs templates came in on Wednesday and they're perfect for the Little Darlings album once I begin.  The ABC Primer is almost complete, it's still the more advanced techniques that consume most setbacks.  Since I feel I'm still not ready to design a book on my own, I've found two YouTube videos using only the 12x12 Graphic 45 paper packs conveniently already on hand.  No detailed instructions for these, but at this point I'll be able to assemble what is shown without instruction.

I've studied Graphic 45 even further and realize how very easy it is to look at a page and instinctively know how a page works best; background or as a complimentary layer to build upon.  This may very well bleed over into other company's patterned paper sets, and if so, I've finally "got" it; if not, back to the drawing table  Once this organizational nightmare is over, I'll put the theory to the test.





No comments:

Post a Comment