Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Zutter v Cinch

It's time.  

I've purposefully avoided looking into buying a book binding system for the past year; for one, that whole real estate thing, and second, all the focus centered upon creating LOs, not books.

Between the two brands, I know practically nothing other than the Zutter punches rectangles and the Cinch round holes.  The Zutter takes less table/shelf space than the competitor.  I also know the Cinch offers a wide variety of punched pattern capabilities; a variable not known for Zutter.

So back and forth until either a sign happens in the heavens, or I collect enough information to make an educated decision. 

_____________________________________


It would be wonderful to say the shelving unit my husband put up the other day proves a real improvement to crafting.  Alas, no.  The punch issue was immediately ruled out.  I've collected a whole bunch of items largely misfiled, and filled up seven of the eight shelves.  It's a very pretty arrangement... lots of bright colours and sparklies.  However, while it must appear visually pleasing, it also must improve everyday function.  That it does not... yet.  There's also a real danger in moving tools around.  Everything has its place, and when moved to a new location can put me into a search frenzy.
 ____________________________________


While digging through the closet last night, searching for a torn notebook binder, I found a large box filled with electronic cables under several layers of crafting materials.  Martin leapt for joy; he'd looked for the box for over a year, thinking it in the garage.  I gained 3 cubic feet of shelf space! 

_______________________________________


Tomorrow's sale includes 75% of embellishments.  That covers a whole lot of ground.  Fun, fun, fun! 


*** I've changed to a much larger font to save my poor eyeballs for the micro-print.

No comments:

Post a Comment