Monday, April 30, 2012

Progress Steady Now

I'm almost to the point where I can begin constructing pages for the mini-album.  I shiver with a girlish nervousness simply thinking of sitting down and beginning the first page.

I own a fair collection of Cricut cartridges; like everyone else, there are the go-to favourites.  There's still so much uncovered possibilities in these cartridges; options available that have only been skimmed.  For instance, I tried to make a card and envelope from one of my cartridges, and the effort was a miserable failure.  This was in the early days with the Cricut, when getting the image I selected was magical.  A few more hours under the belt, and I'm looking at some of the functions best left alone until now.

In the upcoming (and future) project, there are dozens of tags and envelopes to make.  Though willing, the thought of constructing all these by hand, with only a limited supply of  "hard" dies was painful.  I pulled a dozen or so cartridges out to look at again and found (duh) that there were literally thousands of possibilities with the Cricut.  The amount whittled down to three primary and a couple more secondary cartridges to work with.  More interesting to discover was that some of the cartridges contained complimentary images to others.

Martin, at the least bit of prompting, hung the six-foot wire rack today.  The hope was to transfer all the punches from the the shoe bag to the new rack..  He had no sooner packed the electric drill before I began moving punches.  The result?  Ugly.  This will never work for what I imagined.  Never.  Had it been in the closet I could have lived with a little bit of ugly, but this is front and center of the entry into the room.  Aaack!  Instead, I've began loading the rack with "pretty" items taking valuable closet space.  Such as:  tatting thread, glass jars with colourful contents, all the bright colours of glitter and stickles, Tattered Angel bottles, etc.  That takes care of the short shelves, but the wider spaced shelves on the bottom half stay empty for the time being.  In the meantime, most of the punches are scattered between the table and closet floor.

Decisions, decisions...  The SSD Annex hosts another 75% sale Tuesday through Friday this week.  The scope of the 75% off is rather limited, but 10 sheets of name brand, heavy weight paper for $1.00 is worth the trip.  There's more, but won't know what until getting there.  Now it gets tricky.  TM also brings out a new line of products at 66% off this Tuesday.  The problem is money.  Martin generously offered $50 split between each sale, because I'd already spent my allowance.  What he may or may not realize it how hard it is to walk out of either for less than $60.  I could be extra sneaky and take him with me!  He's worse than I when it comes to, "Oh, you could really use this.  Right?"  Yes, I think so is the only reasonable reply.  Honestly, there's not much more in supplies I need for now, but the hunt is highly addictive.

Time to wrangle up the punches!


No comments:

Post a Comment