Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stuff

My husband began a new diabetic medication, though while not insulin, does require two injections each day.  He handles the morning dose just fine, but not so much with the pre-dinner shot.

I've decided to venture beyond scrapbooking proper and make a cute little 9x9 framed page to hopefully prompt his memory before dinner.  Going all out, I'm working with colours and sizes never used before.  It should do the trick; if not as a visual reminder, then as new splash of colour in a very monochromatic kitchen.

When I first began using the Cricut I counted a well-cut image miraculous. I stayed very, very basic with the cuts, and came to the point of frustration where I almost decided to sell the kit and kaboodle. Time and practice has refined enough to get the image I want every time.  There's enough confidence to now have fun and play around.  And... I no longer fear cutting the pattern on 15 different pages to get the results desired.  The differences between the first successful cuts and what's put out today is remarkable!  While still plenty of room to improve, it ain't half bad.


A Cricut Rooster











Thus far, I've given the mini-albums a mile-wide divide between them and me.  No way, never going to happen!  (That pesky word: never)  Finally, at long last, I saw one of these, putting to great use the beautiful Graphic 45 paper.  To put it simply, I was awestruck.  This is what scrapbooking is all about!

Graphic 45 Mini Album  at YouTube.  I am going to shamelessly copy every little detail demonstrated in the video.  I'll practice all the different techniques on less expensive paper, so maybe there will be two in the end... maybe three or twenty before getting it right?

During a total mental meltdown last night, I created a list of all the scrapbook paper/card stock packs.  The list includes the manufacturer, size, dominate colours, coordinating accessories on hand, and special features such as maps, stamps, tickets, etc.  There were almost 50 packs accumulated thus far... this is on the frightening side of paper obsession.  This list does not include single patterned, themed papers, or special bonuses like vellum and transparencies.  There must be a totally different approach to the 7 inch stack of primarily unsorted paper.  Perhaps tomorrow I'll inventory the paper kits on hand; another 5 inch stack I've lost the ability to instantly recall.  Stamps will have to follow at some point soon; just trying to think of the most effective way to accomplish/organize the system.

It doesn't get any simpler than this, but the dowel rod was finally hung in the closet (amazing dead space remains!) with three evenly spaced curtain rod support screws.  Most ribbons fit on the rod, but a couple more spools will necessitate another row.

I ordered my first Cricut Cartridge since December.  It was on the list and at the right price.  What's up with eBay charging as much, or more, for these cartridges as can be bought in stores?  I wouldn't have nearly the collection if most of these were bought at (usually) less than $20.

At long last, I want to offer praise to our Lord Jesus for answering a prayer thought unanswerable.  Well, I knew He would!  The answer came in the form of yet another miracle, but my God always does it in style.  Thank you so very much, eternal praise for your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment