Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cricut Mat Rescue The One That WORKS

I've watched way, way too many YouTube videos talking about the best method for removing the yunk off a a less-then-sticky Cricut cutting mats.  There always seem to be many arduous steps involved in the process, not to mention extreme commitment of time.  Some claim these steps are easy... anyone could do them with great results.  Well, I've tried all the methods and they all involve WORK!

Have I ever mentioned how handy my husband comes in at the oddest moments? He stood back and watched yet another promised technique utterly fail.  He walked out of the room and came back in with a bottle of of GOO GONE, and said, "try this."  I did.

I generously sprayed the mat and let it sit for a minute.  I took paper towels to remove almost all the oogie-gooy glue and tiny bits of paper scraps .  I re-sprayed the mat, and one more wipe produced a virgin mat... except for all too-deep cuts.  No kidding, this took less than five minutes, start to finish.  I washed they mat with dish washing soap and hung it to dry; ready to spay adhesive.

After cleaning the first set of mats - well overused by this time - using this method, subsequent cleanings became a breeze.

Some might panic and say, this harsh chemical will harm the mats.  I've now processed each mat four times, and nothing gets harmed... and cleaner much quicker

______________________________________________

Successfully completed the pastel-based ocean page.  Thus far, I've only captured a fair representation, but it's not worth submitting anywhere but here.







No comments:

Post a Comment