Thursday, April 5, 2012

Latest LO

The LO mentioned last post is now 99.9% complete.  There's a journaling note required completely forgotten about.  I think it looks tacky, but may be able to correct it with some glitter in the morning.  (This tag will be removed before framing the page.)  The only other item left to attend involves good sunlight, camera and tripod.  I'll edit this post to include the photo after a satisfactory picture is cropped and sharpened.

This LO has much more white space than I'm accustomed to allowing, but in doing so I've allowed the eye to draw to the ares that were most important, or important as I saw it.

The photo of Martin and I used on the page is one of my all-time favourites!!  There's a little bit of silliness, and a whole lot of adoration caught at the most perfect moment.  I knew this would be the first photograph of the both of us to scrap when the right combination of time, inspiration and motivation hit.  And it did. 

It probably gets old, but I'm proud of the display.  I take pride in all the LO's done, but some don't have the same ooomph that rare others do.  This is one that gets framed and posted in our bedroom, along with the birthday "card" page completed last November.  Finally!  Some "art" for the room.  (Term used loosely.)

Even though decorating the coloured pencil bucket was a little over the top, I am proud of it.  Tonight while perusing YouTube, I found several videos featuring decked-out ATG guns.  Some looked professional, some looked as if they graduated 1st grade colouring class and never advanced from there.  It's theirs, and as long as they take pride in it, that's all that matters.  So now I'm thinking... given some down time, it might just be worth the effort to follow suit.  No doubt whatever I do will end up looking like the 1st grade child that failed that colouring class.  LOL.

Next week I hope to knock out three or four "everyday" scrapbook pages.  There's currently two semi-assembled pages featuring Johnna and her quirky ideas of scrap worthy events.  One involves all the not-so-major scraps, bruises, and rashes she proudly displayed for the camera, and the other concerns her foot and hand prints at age ten.  (Actually I thought of it, and she jumped at the notion.)  Also thought upon, but as yet began, are the 2012 snow photos and a few more pages from this past Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment