Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Colour Combo

I enjoy the challenges presented by CSI.  The entire point of the site is to encourage the scrapper to use five colour combinations normally not easily put to work together.  As so it is this week, also.  Another feature of the weekly challenges is incorporating shapes, elements or themes, often together.  And not least of all, journaling is part of the creation; this isn't a problem for me as I try to always journal about the subject or event represented.

This week they assembled a colour chart of a mustard, two tones of taupe, one green, and a sky blue.  I had no problem pulling all the colours from on-hand papers and putting them together in an attractive manner, but when I tried to use the blue as a background colour it clashed to high heavens.  The colours behind the heart photo are the actual colour combinations for this week.

Since there's no requisite size of the colours, they can be nothing more than accent pieces, or completely dominate the page... so long as it's there, it's all good.

I got very, very sneaky.  I glued sky blue gemstones to the cut out hearts I made for the project.  And though the gemstones in the second picture are not set yet, I managed to pull the blue up to the upper portion of the page.  (What a beautiful picture of Martin and me!)































There are times when I have to think outside the box.  It's very easy to slip into one style of layout, using the same materials and colours.  I don't think this would have ever come to mind had I not been challenged to fit together elements not normally used, but sure am glad that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment