Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Directions

I went to our "secret" scrapbooking shop today, who, by the way was supposed to have already moved, but hasn't, and was floored by how the inventory had shrank since our last visit.  Plenty of stickers and one very sweet album kit begging to be bought!  While pawing through what little inventory was available, I began speaking to a nice looking woman about scrapping in general.  In one part of the conversation I mentioned that even though I'd been at the hobby for only one year, I still hadn't found anyone to share ideas, tips, and bond-ship with in this pursuit.  That's taken care of now!!

She invited me to a small scrapbooking club her and about five other ladies put together.  The next get-together is next week I think.  Better yet, she talked about so many scrapbooking events around the area... largely unadvertised, but from the sounds of it: fun.  Finally, she took a bold step and invited us to her church.  Well!  That was a heck of a deal.  I'm thrilled beyond belief to finally hook up with other people with the same passions.

The store, in what I can only assume was a consolidation tactic, bound three to four sticker packs and sold the set as one.  I would have gladly paid the asking price for any single set, but to get that many more at the same price was beyond temptation.  I bought them all.  There's plenty back in the stockroom, so this doesn't overly concern me; they'll pull out a bunch tomorrow.  During the conversation, Crystal told me about this store being also in Fayetteville with a much larger show floor, and hence a larger selection of scrapbooking area.  And it just so happens I'll be driving down there tomorrow.

I hoped over to HL (the two stores are in the same complex) and didn't hardly find anything.  I did use the standard 40% coupon to buy a punch I've been watching for awhile.  Mine, mine, mine!

The best part of all, predictably was the "chance" encounter with a scrapbooking enthusiast that will probably lead to meeting more people!  God, truly is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment