Friday, April 27, 2012

G45 & Breakthrough

I've studied Graphic 45 papers, psychology, and its philosophy intensely for almost a week now.  I think I understand the company.  There's a reason beyond incredible graphic designs that make this paper unique; someone either at the company or hired by such studied scrapbookers practically under a microscope.

Nothing about this brand intimidates. I've began cutting away and there's a beauty in doing so.  I'm so impressed with the company I already purchased the full line of the ABC Primer collection for Martin's hallmark childhood album.  Around the end of May I'll order the Magic of Oz collection to highlight my lovely granddaughter's "Scare Crow" professional shoot.  Maybe someday I'll actually pick out a few pieces of "regular" paper to scrap a page or two... but for now I'm having a blast learning to work with G45, including cutting out less than 1/2 inch butterflies for adornment.

So far my mini-album progress has advanced only to selecting coordinating buttons, ribbons, paint, chipboard, and pulling quotes out of my original baby book, now falling apart at the seams.  Much of the next week will consist of cutting out elements.  Hopefully, it will eventually begin to look like "something" instead of the mess currently on hand

Early Organization






















Something clicked watching so many G45 scrapbooking videos.  Planning a page up until very recently was a very involved and mind exhausting process.  The other day I needed to quickly scrap a Futsbol series.  (Before the pictures were accidentally misplaced)  It took precisely 35 minutes from need to conception to completion to pull the page together.  Better yet, it's one of the best LO I've done.  Suddenly, the layering, framing, colour use, and element choice has become almost automatic.  I can spot "wrong" in nothing flat.  Not that I'll never commit the same crimes again, but I know it when it's there.  Oh, but should all design go so smoothly in the future.

The cute shot reminder LO hangs on the icebox and has done wonders to prompt medication action in good time.  More than that, it's caused me to look around the room to find the "blah" areas and throw something together to spice it up.  In less than 10 minutes this evening, I brought back to the craft room the small, plain Crystal Light plastic container we've used for a couple of year to collect Box Tops for Education and Campbell's soup labels until delivery to school.  It blended into the counter space, but the visible contents always made the container appear a tiny bit disorganized.  To the results:

A little "pretty" for the kitchen counter


















Breakthroughs are one of the best parts of the art!  It's what drives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment