Sunday, June 17, 2012

Boing, Boing, Busy

That whole stamping category process continues.  The first day I knocked out about 100 stamps, since then only a few packs at a time.  Slowly, but surely.  This will curb my appetite for large random stamp purchases.  (Boy, oh boy, what a meager set with such limited range, or so I know now going through the process!)

Today's focus was working with the Miss on a Father's Day card.  Her ability grows.

I've virtually copied and completed two different types of mini albums, step-by-step. It's a long-standing threat, but it's time to break away from the masters at YouTube and develop my own style.  And, in my fashion, design not one, but three, all at the same time.  

Graphic 45's Playtimes Past is a charming collection.  I don't mind cutting the paper any longer, but I only had a 12x12 inch pad.  Not so much room for error.  I found another 12x12 during one of the more recent excursions for only $7.00.  Mine! Now there's back up, not so much nail biting.  There's no getting around the fact that G45 fashions its lines with women in mind.  They do publish more masculine lines - and do a marvelous job - but even then many of the details scream feminine.  The Playtimes Past is a very fair mixture for both sexes.  I want the more masculine pages used for a carefully selected collection of my boys childhood pictures.  That leaves about 1/2 of the paper unused.  However!!  When I begin making pages for them, I can begin designing the feminine pages for my sister's girls; using the same page styles, but frilly it up a bit, more ribbon and sparkles, etc.  So two MA's for the work of one.  Not a bad idea.


The third will be a no-frills summer camp mini.  I've selected a Tim Holtz Retro Grunge paper pad for the project.  A little dark, perhaps, for a girl's summer album, but I'm sure this will fit her to a Tee.  I think to pattern this after the wallet-style just completed for this coming Christmas photos, with major modifications since we're only looking at less than 25 shots.

First though, I must pull together a couple (four or five) regular 12x12 layouts.  There's a very gratifying feeling when completing projects.  LO's only take a day or so and therefore seems as if I'm accomplishing much more than when compiling a single mini.  Perspective. 


In less than 10 minutes I pulled together the first LO.  Add paper and embellishments, and it's a done deal.


Our only snow 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment