Monday, June 25, 2012

Lots of Smiling

Well.


(With a huge grin on my face...)


I did it!!!  I designed my very first mini-album cover.  And it ain't half bad. 

The Beginning























Of course, there's the back and everything else left to be done, but for most of that it's all laid out either on paper or in this rattling marble up here.  

I sound a little excited yet?  Oh, I am.  Everything I've created before this was fairly copied stitch by stitch, page by page.  At least in my case, this is the way it works.  So I've taken all the lessons learned thus far (many, many) and apply them to one of the most special items I'll ever own... beautifully presented photos of the wonders of life; childhood, raising children, love, babies, and everything special imaginable.  But this - this - is the first mini coming straight out of my heart, into my head, and preserved in paper for decades to come. 


Graphic 45 has several new lines of paper coming out to be revealed over the next few weeks.  Too early to buy, but not to early to slobber over, either.  I now possess the ABC Primer, Playtimes Past, Little Darlings, A Proper Gentleman, Communique, Botanicabelle, Fashionista, and most of the On the Boardwalk and Le Romantique lines.  I plan to get the latest Halloween Happy Haunting, and the newest - Nutcracker Sweet - lines in the next month or so.  G45 will release their other newest lines, so I'll probably want those as well.  Though I'll happily cut it, it's still enough to just flip through the papers and admire the colours and images.  So far as I'm concerned, it would take some really special type of paper pack to entice me into purchasing a different line.  

Who could resist working with Christmas scrapbooking pages such as these?


















I, for one, can not and shall not resist at all.  Too bad I just finished the 2012 Christmas mini a couple of weeks ago!  Maybe for a Christmas past?  My fingers already itch.

No comments:

Post a Comment