Friday, June 22, 2012

New Haul

In an incredible feat of restraint, I made the full scrapbooking run yesterday... and spent only my $80.00 weekly allowance.  Yes, a show of pure restraint.


I would have done much better had TM had not had another two G45 retailer sets out for sell.  There were four more pages from the "On the Boardwalk" collection, and the first four of the "Le Romantique" set.  {My mind begins spinning thinking about how certain elements of the "Proper Gentleman" and the "Le Romantique" collections could/will work together for a wedding, early relationship, or Valentine's Day album.}   Other than a tin of metal hinges, bookplates, and sliders picked up, now that I know how much I'll use these in other projects, that concluded the TM experience.

We had to run to the local TM to purchase three battery operated, personal misting fans. If we are to camp in Texas at the end of July, and we are, wet is absolutely essential.

Hobby Lobby has ribbon 1/2 priced this week.  Four new rolls.  A Sizzix keyhole with key die, regularly priced at $20.00, mine at $7.00. It took almost three albums to realize I was using Tim Holtz,'s Tea Dye instead of Vintage Photo ink.  I kept wondering why my shading came out differently from the examples... well, beginning this next album, that's fixed, because now I own both.  I added one gorgeous golden Prima flower package to the growing floral collection.


The TJ Maxx was a total bust this trip, but that's the nature of discount versus craft stores.


JoAnne's wasn't much better.  Every item I went in for was already sold out.  Not the black StazOn die I've finally committed to using.  Not the 12x12 paper storage drawers.  And not the paper pad I needed to refill.  

There had been many, many numerous clearance items marked down as much as 80%, but it was as if someone had taken a buggy and cleared every rack of every single item.  I'll certainly stock up on certain items, and pick up an extra or two of something I know can be traded or sold, or wipe a shelf out knowing it will be immediately replaced (TM) but whoever did this did so with the mind of absolute selfishness, without regard for others.  It covered every item in the store, across every crafting row to just be a happenstance run of hundreds of buyers.  If I figure out who's doing this, I'll cruelly mark their eBay site as the NWA greedy gut; because if this should show up on eBay it will be marked up by at least 60%.  

We did, however, find a couple of reusable/dishwasher-safe, plastic screw topped Coke bottle to carry drinks in the car during the next few months. 


Internet haul.  I finally managed to find and purchase three magnet sets.  The company I'd purchased from last week refunded my money two days later and informed me the items were temporarily out of stock.  No way!!  As of yesterday, they were still waiting.  That's now remedied.  And, Kiwi Lane Designs has another of their great 2-3 day sales, so I purchased another template set.  These come in so handy it's difficult to imagine putting together a project without them.  Call this one set 4 of the series.

Not strictly considered scrapbook materials, but closely related, were a pair of gold earrings at Sears - they were on sale; however, not included in the $80.00 earlier stated.  Nickle-plated and inferior metals have been causing all sorts of problems lately.  Reckon it will take a while... and many more sales... to rebuild a suitable earring collection again.

This and a major clothes shopping spree for the Miss mad for a very fun, and very long, day of hitting the stores.








No comments:

Post a Comment